Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Weekend - Freestyle

As I mentioned, every other weekend it's just the two of us. So, sometimes, planning goes out the window. After a week in high-stress jobs with the usual impossible schedules, it can be wonderful to just throw any schedule out the window and say, "We're going to do whatever we want whenever we want to do it." This does, as you may have guessed, come a lot easier to me than it does to my wife!

Saturday morning I was at a photography learning session at Starved Rock State Park. After the session we stopped at Duffy's Tavern in Utica (great place!) and I got my food to-go so I could have lunch with my wife. She decided to stay in bed instead of being at the state park before dawn... in the rain. I brought home a Reuben Sandwich for her (hold the dressing please, extra sauerkraut), and I had a corned beef on rye with a horseradish dressing. Duffy's prepares their own brisket and both sandwiches were superb.


We saved the leftover corned beef, and there was lots, to make corned beef omelets for Sunday breakfast.  The rest of Sunday we relaxed; wow, that felt good!

No comments:

Post a Comment