Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Monday Night - Goulash

Since we both travel to the office on Mondays, dinner tends to be quicker than usual. Fortunately I had some ground turkey in the fridge that I browned over the lazy weekend. Annette remembered making goulash when she was growing up so that's the dinner plan.

To some ground turkey she added half an onion, chopped; a green pepper, diced; and two cloves of garlic, minced. Brown everything then add a can of diced tomatoes. We get the diced tomatoes with no added salt. There's not as much variety but you can really taste the tomato flavor rather than just salt. To that add some elbow pasta slightly undercooked. This way it will absorb the juices from the tomatoes.

That's it... I think; I'm sure I'll be corrected if I've forgotten anything!

It was really good and it's the type of dish that's even better as leftovers (which we have.) It was also nice to experience something that Annette had when she was growing up. We grew up in very different environments in families with very different cultural backgrounds. It's fun to compare and explore the differences, especially when it comes to food.

No comments:

Post a Comment